In the midst of setting up some new posts, I got a nice surprise. Fellow travel and lifestyle blogger Here To Conquer nominated me for the Liebster Award! This award is a good will token. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Here To Conquer is on the road ride now but take a break and track her travels. I truly appreciate the nod from her.
A Bit About the Award:
- This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
Questions from Here To Conquer:
- Name a secret talent that you have? I can’t tell you, it’s a secret.
- What activity would you want to try but are either too intimidated/shy/unsure to try? Parkour–because how cool would it be jump around like that?
- Have you visited any of the Wonders of the World yet (from any of the lists)? Yep!
- If you have, which one? The Great Pyramid of Giza.
- What is your favorite sport? Skiing.
- What is the one piece of advice you’d offer to someone younger than you? Don’t get sucked in by mainstream culture—do what you love!
- What is your favorite book? That’s a tough one, there are so many so I’ll give you my latest favorite, A Drinking Life by Pete Hamill.
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you choose? Hard choice but I’m going with South Africa.
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you choose? Jesus, because I think we could talk the night away and I’d really like to know what he said before his words were edited.
- If you could pick a theme song to play every time you entered a room full of people, what would you choose? The Hokey Pokey.
- If you could be fluent in any language, which would you choose? Italian — no matter what they’re saying, it always sounds so good.
11 random facts you really don’t need to know about me:
- Pizza is #1 (water’s gust a given) on my desert island food list.
- I like hearing the sound of a motorcycle rip down the street on a hot summer night.
- I like hanging out in cemeteries.
- I love sitting on my stoop chatting the night away with a friend and watching the locals walk their dogs
- I’m up for a karaoke anytime.
- I’ve got a thing for Michael Fassbender.
- I don’t abide guacamole that’s not fresh or a bad margarita.
- When I was around 5, I danced on the back of a flat-bed truck where the Rolling Stones were jamming
- I play guitar but not as well as I’d like.
- I’ll take a vampire or werewolf any day but please don’t show me a zombie.
- I’d like nothing better than to read, write and ride horses.
Here are my nominees:
Nilly Writes – This is a poetry blog. There’s no “About Me” section on it but it seems to be written by a teenager who’s trying to articulate the whirlwind of emotions we all go through at that time in our life.
From Swerve of Shore – Amazing and eye-catching travel photography from a documentary photographer from Vietnam.
i. Am. RAWR. – Beautiful writing that captures the random thoughts and introspections we all have in a beautiful way. The most recent post on loss — Good Bye, Good Dog, really got me.
From Novels To Board Books – A reading junkie, with a mission is to instill the same habit in her baby boy. Her writing is fresh, familiar, fun and she inspires writers to keep that pencil – or keyboard – moving.
Days of Hilda – Reading Nikki Reed is like hanging with an old friend.
Questions For My Nominees
- If you could be any creature in the insect world, what would you be and why?
- Do you play any musical instruments? If yes, what? If no, what would you like to play?
- What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- If you could be any character in a book, who would you be?
- What’s the number one item (besides water) on your desert island food list?
- Pick your favorite, sunrise or sunset?
- What is happiness?
- Who’s your favorite band or musician?
- What’s your next travel destination?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- If money was no issue, what would you do, where would you live?
Hey Here To Conquer…
Thank you soooo much. This really means a lot to me.
Absolutely! There’s a bit of homework to this award, so take your time in getting your responses set up. Best of luck and keep up the great writing. Peace 🙂
Thank you for the tip of the hat. That post was a difficult one to write and this was an amazing thing to find in my inbox this morning. The knowledge that all of these words I kind of blindly put out into the void actually reach and touch people means a lot. Very cool.